I’ve released version 1.4.1 of the PEAR Net_DNS2 library- you can install it now through the command line PEAR installer:
pear install Net_DNS2
Or, you can also add it to your project using composer.
- increased the default DNSSEC payload size value to 4000 bytes per RFC 4035 section 4.1; this is still configurable.
- fixed a bug where I was still using the DNS_MAX_UDP_SIZE default (512 bytes) for all requests, event DNSSEC, where I should have been using the dnssec_payload_size config value.
- removed the limitation that PTR records had to look like IP addresses; you can add other things to PTR records, like service discovery objects- RFC 6763.
- dropped support for using the Sockets library on Windows. There have been too many inconsistencies between versions of Windows; we’ll just default to use the Streams library.
- fixed the Net_DNS2_RR_PTR class so we can pass ptrdname’s with spaces in them so that we can support DNS-Based Service Discovery (RFC 6763).
- added support for the CSYNC resource record – see RFC 7477.