I’ve released version 1.4.3 of the PEAR Net_DNS2 library- this release is primarily just bug fixes.
You can install it now through the command line PEAR installer:
pear install Net_DNS2
Or, you can also add it to your project using composer:
composer require pear/net_dns2
- fixed an issue when looking up . or com., when using the strict_query_mode flag.
- fixed a bug in the caching logic where I was loading the content more than once per instance, when really I only need to do it once.
- changed the Net_DNS2::sock array to use the SOCK_DGRAM and SOCK_STREAM defines, rather than the strings ‘tcp’ or ‘udp’.
- fixed a bug in the Net_DNS2_Header and Net_DNS2_Question classes, where I was using the wrong bit-shift operators when parsing some of the values. This only became apparent when somebody was trying to use the CAA class (id 257); it was causing this to roll over to the next 8 bit value, and returning 1 (RR A) instead of the CAA class.
- fixed a bug that occurs when a DNS lookup request times out, and then the same class is reused for a subsequent request. Because I’m caching the sockets, the timed out data could eventually come in, and end up being seen as the result for a subsequent lookup.
- fixed a couple cases in NSAP.php where I was comparing a string to an integer.
Been running net_dns2 for several years with php5.6. Is the new version will work on php7 too ?
Yes, net_dns2 supports PHP7 100%.
The Net_DNS2 version of the two file does not match.
const VERSION = ‘1.4.4’;